Option Care is a healthcare services company that at its core delivers high quality, cost effective infusion services through trusted partnerships across the healthcare system, resulting in outcomes that make a positive difference in people’s lives.
Job Description Summary:
A Warehouse Coordinator is responsible for the daily flow of clinical supplies between the pharmacy and nursing departments. Functions to support the pharmacy and nursing departments by working with the PSR’s and clinicians to ensure that all patients/customers receive timely, accurate deliveries of supplies and medication as directed. Responsible for inventory sourcing, purchasing, and maintaining products. Maintains the inventory in compliance with legal standards and Option Care policies and procedures. Responsible for tracking and managing all pumps.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Directs patient contact to ascertain supply needs as designated by the clinician and establish relationship with client. Communicates information to appropriate personnel and document accordingly. Generates patient orders on system.
- Picks and packages all patient supplies to ensure a zero defect in all shipments. Coordinates deliveries with all involved parties, including nursing, pharmacy, couriers and patients. Tracks all orders, deliveries, and exceptions, and reconciles issues with the appropriate department. Communicates with Nurse and Pharmacist to ensure availability of patient supplies and confirms deliveries. Delivers drugs and supplies for inventory, following correct purchasing procedures.
- Purchases all supplies for inventory, following correct purchasing procedures and tracks all levels in the assigned online system. Inspects and receives all deliveries, reporting any damaged items to pharmacy and follows protocol for any compromised medication packaging.
- Sources cost effective products as directed by the clinicians and Option Care product contracts. Minimizes the cost of freight of product ordered and shipped to the pharmacy. Knowledgeable of products and their usage.
- Maintains accurate inventory. Accountable for discrepancies. Participates in physical inventory. Implements “inventory control” and establishes minimum order quantity amounts. Responsible for the input of all drugs, lot numbers, supplies, and expiration dates into the inventory tracking system. Ensure expired or recalled items are removed from circulation and are returned to suppliers when applicable. Ensures proper rotation and maintenance of inventory. Appropriately handle disposal of medical and pharmacy waste through stericycle process.
- Responsible for the procurement, input and tracking of infusion pumps, maintaining company mandated levels of equipment. Manages the reclamation of pump inventory from patient homes.
- Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Option Care information.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work environment at all times.
- Assists with training and orientation of new staff.
- Participates in the process for assessing, managing, and reporting medication-related incidents and equipment error and/or failures. Accurately completes QAR forms and forwards them to the general manager.
- Participates in on-call responsibilities if required.
- Accepts other responsibilities and duties that may be assigned by the General Manager.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? (i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.) No
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Pharmacy Technician License as required by state.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Maintains a current, valid driver’s license and liability insurance in the state of employment.
- Experience communicating both verbally on phone, one-on-one and in writing emails, letters, reports, to various audiences work group, team, company management, external vendors.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc).
- Basic email skills, internet explorer (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
Travel Requirements: (if required)
Willing to travel at least 50% of the time for business purposes.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
- Prior experience working in a warehouse or delivery setting.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.