Option Care is a healthcare services company that at its core delivers high quality, cost effective infusion services through trusted partnerships across the healthcare system, resulting in outcomes that make a positive difference in people’s lives.
Job Description Summary:
The Area Clinical Director is responsible for the on-going support, audit, training, and compliance of clinical services provided by the Care Management Center (CMC) in accordance with Company policies and procedures, State professional standards and all health care regulatory and accreditation requirements. The Area Clinical Director maintains a cohesive relationship with the local office leadership, the other area leaders, and corporate clinical to maximize the effectiveness of the area’s clinical departments.
- Works closely with clinical Nursing Managers to ensure clinical competence, compliance with policy, staff productivity and cost efficiency.
- Ensure the CMC’s are in compliance with local, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards, and Company policies and procedures.
- Assists the Director of Operations in training new Clinical Nursing Managers.
- Ensures compliance with and monitors clinical key indicators such as CQI Meeting Minutes, Safety Zone events and reports including patient related events and complaints, patient satisfaction, clinical competence, chart audits, and CQI related activities.
- Ensures completion of complaint follow up and root cause analysis for events including patient events and privacy events as outlined by policy and procedures as required by accreditation organizations.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of patient care, including, when appropriate, in home evaluations of field staff.
- Provide support in the areas of therapeutics, professional practice, policy interpretation, clinical procedures, accreditation issues, and any other aspect related to the provision of patient care.
- Identifies the need and provides orientation and in-service education programs.
- Support new product, therapy, and service program identification, development, and roll-out.
- Knowledgeable of the scope of services that we can provide and assists in assessing and managing difficult cases.
- Actively promote the role and responsibilities of the clinician in the network, assist with clinical research and publication opportunities.
- Responsible for adhering to the legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary information.
Supervisory Responsibilities: i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc. No
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and extensive knowledge in the health care arena. Requires in-depth knowledge of the industry and functional area and has the ability to use expertise to develop strategic plans.
- Required licensure as an RN as granted by the appropriate state licensing authority.
Basic Qualifications & Interests:
- Knowledge of State, Federal, local, and OSHA rules and regulations and accreditation (e.g. ACHC, URAC, TJC) requirements.
- Demonstrated competence in clinical procedures and clinical documentation systems.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and training staff.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Experience in planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating clinical programs that will meet the needs of the community served.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience in managing teams across business units.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
Willing to travel up to 70% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests:
- Advanced Nursing Degree or MBA
- Licensure as an RN in multiple states as granted by the appropriate licensing authority.
- Experience in performance improvement techniques.
- Experience with ACHC home care accreditation within the last year.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.