Option Care is a healthcare services company that at its core delivers high quality, cost effective infusion services through trusted partnerships across the healthcare system, resulting in outcomes that make a positive difference in people’s lives.
Job Description Summary:
The Registered Dietitian is a qualified licensed professional who is responsible for the development and implementation of clinical and marketing strategies to promote the home nutrition support (enteral and parenteral nutrition) Program. The Registered Dietitan supports sales activity, account relationships and clinical requirements within the assigned territory. This position also maintains a cohesive relationship with office clinical and sales staff to maximize the effectiveness of the office’s nutrition program.
- Works closely with office account managers and regional managers to ensure appropriate market penetration for nutrition services. Provides sales support, training, and follow-up to all sales and management staff. Participates in office strategic sales planning and program implementation. Acts as an office liaison to nutrition support physicians, nutrition support teams, customers, and account managers.
- Works closely with clinical managers to ensure nutrition support competence, compliance with policy, and cost efficiency.
- Responsible for leading and supporting a high quality, service oriented, office-based multidisciplinary nutrition support team.
- Evaluates office capabilities for competency in nutrition support management with clinical managers.
- Implements and evaluates the office nutrition support program.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and communicates to appropriate managers.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new nutrition clinicians and sales professionals.
- Assists in developing and maintaining the nutrition program plan and budget.
- Serves as a mentor to nutrition clinicians.
- As pertinent to nutrition therapy, monitors clinical key indicators such as: patient census, QAR reports, patient satisfaction, clinical competence, nutrition assessments, and performance improvement activities.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates continuing education, orientation, and inservice education programs in coordination with corporate, clinical, and sales management.
- Provides staff in servicing in clinical nutrition, reimbursement and formulary compliance.
- Defines and implements Action Plans to continually improve the patient care process.
- Prepares an annual program evaluation and/or business plan.
- Provides clinical support in the areas of parenteral and enteral nutrition.
- Coordinates assistance from other qualified corporate and field staff.
- Maintains visibility in professional organizations by participating in one or more community-based activity per quarter.
- Develops and provides continuing education accredited programs to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates competence in parenteral and enteral nutrition support.
- Demonstrates competence in clinical procedures and clinical documentation systems.
- Observe legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Option Care information.
- Accepts other responsibilities and duties that may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Registered Dietitian with a license in the current state of practice, as appropriate
- Two years of experience with enteral and parenteral nutrition as a nutrition support professional
- Current CPR training
Basic Qualifications & Interests:
- Valid current driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and evaluate clinical programs that will meet the needs of the office and community served
- Ability to educate and empower staff to implement nutrition service processes in the home care setting.
- Flexibility and the ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and oral) with team members
- Self-directed, able to work without the presence of an immediate supervisor
- Intermediate competency with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to travel within the assigned territory and attend required meetings
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
Preferred Qualifications & Interests:
- Board Certification in nutrition support
- Previous home health experience
- Advanced degree in nutrition or business
- Sales and marketing experience
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.