Option Care is a healthcare services company that at its core delivers high quality, cost effective infusion services through trusted partnerships across the healthcare system, resulting in outcomes that make a positive difference in people’s lives.
Job Description Summary:
Provide the leadership and management of the Benefits function. Manage the planning, development, implementation and administration of the company’s employee benefits and retirement programs ensuring they support the strategic goals of Option Care.
- Hands-on leader.
- Leads in the research, analysis, design/development/revision, and implementation of employee benefit programs which includes our retirement plan, that are designed to maintain Option Care’s objectives and competitive position in the marketplace while ensuring compliance with overall policies and pertinent federal and state employment laws.
- Provides strategic recommendations with regard to cost containment and increasing Option Care return on investment in rewards programs. Strategizes with management and other departments to build project action plans to implement recommendations.
- Leads project meetings to ensure proper integration among plans, design and communications. Analyzes sustainability of changes and researches details to aid in the decision-making process and proposes changes, as needed. Provides input and direction on improvements that better serve Option Care, its team members and other plan participants.
- Communicates and interfaces with employees and third party vendors to include – third party surveys, benefit plan consultants, vendors, legal advisors, and administrators.
- Manages the development and implementation of benefit and 401K plan provisions and administration procedures. Collaborates on employee benefit transitions, including but not limited to orientation and administration in the event of acquisitions and divestures of groups of employees, units or lines of business.
- Manages the provision or provides information to team members on more complex benefits/401K plan issues and intercedes on team members’ behalf with the appropriate vendor or administrative department when necessary.
- Manages the design and development of tools to assist employees in benefits selection.
- Manages our Leave of Absence and benefits third party vendors.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Supervisory Responsibilities: i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc. Yes
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years of experience in benefits/retirement plan management.
- Progressive experience with the management and administration of employee qualified and non-qualified benefits/retirement plan programs.
- At least three (3) years of vendor management.
- At least three (3) years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least three (3) years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
Basic Qualifications & Interests:
- Advance level skill in Microsoft Office 2003 or later: Word, Excel (vlook-up, formulas, pivot tables, graphs and charts, etc.) and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of analytical tools used within the benefits area to evaluate benefits costs/expenses, utilization, compliance, plan/cost modeling, etc.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Excellent knowledge of benefits administration policies, practices, and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Federal, state, and municipal privacy laws and the applicability to the day-to-day operation of benefits areas.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner with all levels of employees, managers, vendors, consultants, and legal advisors. Excellent communication skills are necessary along with very good facilitation and administrative skills.
- Ability to work with confidential materials and employee information and maintain confidentiality at all times.
Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as human resources, business administration, and accounting.
- Master’s degree / MBA.
- CBP/CCP Certification as granted by World at Work, or CEBS Certification as granted by the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.